Wednesday, August 27, 1997
Added (the very lengthy and apparently well-researched) Goldmine 8/20/93 article, "Intrigue and Incest, Pearl Jam and the Secret History of Seattle" to our articles page. This detailed article gives the scoop on PJ's members in previous bands and how they came together. We included a couple of photos we hadn't seen before. Quite interesting reading.
Sunday, August 24, 1997
Okay, we goofed: Hype! won't be released until *September*. Sorry for causing a panic!
Added two more poster scans to the memorabilia section. One is very old: the 1991 New Year's show at the Cow Palace with Nirvana and the RHCP. The other is more recent: Istanbul 96 (featuring a tiny, red mosquito!)
Friday, August 22, 1997
Added scan of the Ames Bros. poster for the 9/24/96 Washington, DC show to the memorabilia section.
Wednesday, August 20, 1997
Added two new News stories about the Bridge Benefit album release and PJ's newest charitable effort :)
It's that time of the month! August's Song of the Month is now live. We think you'll find it well worth the wait!!!
Tuesday, August 19, 1997
Added a News story about the home video release of Hype!
Some advance warning for y'all: August's Song of the Month will go live some time tomorrow morning! =)
Sunday, August 17, 1997
Added a news item about the death of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, mostly so you'll stop emailing us about it. :)
Thursday, August 14, 1997
Added a link from the 1996 concert chronology to photos of the 1996 Augusta, Maine show from Dennis Rodman's book, Walk on the Wild Side.
Sunday, August 10, 1997
Added a nice poster for PJ's show at The Haunt, Ithaca, NY 11/5/91 to the memorabilia section [thanks to John Reynolds for the scan].
Various updates and corrections to the Concert Chronology
- removed 10/13/91 Salt Lake City show listing [based on info from Krista Plothow]
- added Nirvana and RHCP to 12/27/91 Los Angeles show [thanks to Andrew Medway]
- corrected several venue spellings (3/8/92, 3/12/92, 6/5/92, 6/10/92) [as advised by Arvid Steinbach]
- corrected venue, added attendance figure and included some great notes for the 6/25/92 Stockholm show [major thanks to lucky Magnus Gustafsson, who attended this very cool show!]
- corrected venue, added attendance figure and added notes about the 6/28/93 Stockholm appearance [courtesy, Magnus Gustafsson]
- comments added to 8/14/93 Gimli Motorsport Park, Manitoba show [courtesy of our Canadian pal, Mahlon Inksetter]
- ID'd a snippet of 'Androgynous Mind' mixed into 'Porch' at the 4/3/94 Atlanta show [good ear, Caryn]
- removed the 2/25/95 Manila show; apparently there was only one Manila show and it was 2/26/95 at the Folk Arts Theater [thanks to Bodgie Cabatit]
- added notation of Ed adding lines from 'Heaven' (Talking Heads song) prior to the 'Fame' interjection during 'Blood' at 10/1/96 Buffalo [thanks, David Jezukewicz]
- 1996 (European leg)
- added title ("Gravity") for the Howard Johnson song Ed played during the Radio Fritz after show broadcast 11/3/96 in Berlin [thanks to Arvid Steinbach]
Thanks to everyone for your comments. Sometimes it takes a while to get the corrections and changes made, but they are much appreciated!
Copyright © 2004 Five Horizons