Saturday, December 23
Happy Birthday, Ed Vedder!
Starting today, 5h will be on break until the end of January. This has been a hectic year and we need a little time to breathe. Please do not expect any updates to the site during this time, nor will we be responding to email. Email with additions or corrections to the site will be saved and filed for when we return.
If you can't break your habit of visiting 5h several times a day, why not explore the site, read old articles, listen to shows you have and compare them to the Concert Chronology, start making your list of the next round of official bootlegs you want to order, or look at some of the older memorabilia? There are 471 pages of stuff on here that you can have fun with while we're away. =)
And if you like to trade videos, we've just updated the 2000 Video Guide with videos from this year's tour that we know are circulating. Full reviews are not up yet, but the screenshots should give you a feel for them.
Thanks for your support, and we hope you have a wonderful holiday and a fantastic new year.
Wednesday, December 20
With Ed's birthday just around the corner, we offer a really unique and special Photo of the Moment.
And we have a different encore setlist scan from the final Seattle show [thanks to Dan!].
Sunday, December 17:
We've set up a new subpage for tracking Concert Chronology "mysteries" ... the shows that we think may have occurred, but lack dates for ... those shows we are seeking more evidence about before placing them online. If you saw Pearl Jam in the early years, please check out Can't Seem To Place It and see if you can help us.
More Concert Chronology updates:
- 11/5/91 Houston Field House: Troy, NY: added notes [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 11/8/91 CBGBs: New York City: added notes [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 11/22/91 The State Theatre: Detroit: date confirmed (will have a setlist soon); removed the 11/23 date [thanks to JR]
- 02/09/92 Pumpe Huset: Copenhagen: corrected venue name [thanks to Johan Nilsson]
- 2/15/92 Revolver: Madrid: partial setlist added [thanks to Miguel Marquez]
- 4/08/92 Axis Club: Boston: partial setlist added [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 4/16/92 Legion Field, University of Georgia: Athens, GA: added notes & partial setlist [thanks to Trey Busch & Shawn Phillips]
- 5/2/92 Day On the Hill: University of Kansas: Lawrence, KS: added notes [thanks to Paul Tracy]
- 5/9/92 Mesa Amphitheater: Mesa, AZ: added opening act info and notes [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 7/21/92 UBC Field: Vancouver: added notes [thanks to Michael Dixon]
- 7/27/92 Riverport Amphitheater: Maryland Heights, MO: added notes; corrected location [thanks to Jason Robertson]
- 8/4/92 Saratoga Performing Arts Center: Saratoga: added more notes [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 8/5/92 Molson Park: Barrie, Ontario: added notes & partial setlist [thanks to Chris Lawrence]
- 9/8/92 Desert Sky Pavilion: Phoenix: added great notes about a second stage performance by Ed and Chris Cornell [thanks to Darryl Rabideau]
- 11/5/96 - Vera: Groningen, Holland: added attendance [thanks to Mirella]
Friday, December 15:
The fan club single has hit the streets! Camp out by your mailboxes now! (Please don't write telling us what it is, we're deliberately not posting a s spoiler.)
Tuesday, December 12:
The moment you have all been waiting for: finally! PHOTOS FROM HALLOWEEN! Be sure to see both Shoreline reviews in the Concert Chronology. [Many many thanks to Chris Rogers and David DeBolt, our heroes!]
Sunday, December 10:
A new, wonderful sound file from Ed's appearance with the Who at the Royal Albert Hall is online: "Getting in Tune."
Concert Chronology updates continue ... next, 1994 and 1995.
- 3/25/94 - Mid-South Coliseum Memphis: identified 'Street Fighting Man' jam before 'Porch'; added notes [thanks to Brad Craig and Carl]
- 4/06/94 Civic Center: Springfield, MA: identified 'Daughter' tag [thanks to Jim Fitzpatrick and Peter Trahms] (now if we could just figure out that improv/cover following 'Out of My Mind')
- 01/08/95 Self-Pollution Radio: Seattle: setlist corrections [thanks to John W. Busher]
- 8/18/95 - Residenzplatz Salzburg, Austria: corrected venue name [thanks to Gerda Haunschmid]
- 8/19/95 - Festival Gampel, Switzerland: corrected venue/location [thanks to Olivier]
- 8/25/95 - Pucklepop Festival Hasselt, Belgium: corrected location; identified other acts [thanks to Olivier and Peter Trahms]
- 8/27/95 - Reading Festival: Reading, Great Britain: identified other acts (Soundgarden!) [thanks to Peter Trahms]
And revisions to recent revisions ... the puzzle unravels!
- 1/??/91 Harpo's: Victoria, BC: added note (still looking for a date on this one) [thanks to Phil Dewan]
- 9/28/91 Satyricon: Portland: confirmed date and venue based on newspaper review/article [thanks to Mark C Rainey's sleuthing]
- 1/3/92 RKCNDY: Seattle: added notes relative to venue change info [thanks to Matt Reeder]
- 4/30/92 Unicorn Club: Houston: added notes relative to PJ playing 'RITFW' with Soundgarden (including a video link!) [thanks to Matt Reeder]
- 6/28/92 Kalvøyafestivalen: Oslo, Norway: corrected venue name; added note [thanks to Matt Reeder]
- 8/4/92 Saratoga Performing Arts Center: Saratoga: added more notes [thanks to Paul]
- 12/13/93 Pier 48: Seattle: added notes [thanks to Matt Reeder]
And more mysteries to solve:
- 1/11/91? The Town Pump: Vancouver, BC; we have more evidence, including a venue name, that this Mookie Blaylock show occurred. We understand there were less than 100 people there but we're still trying to nail down solid date. [thanks to Dallas and Phil Dewan]
- April '92 Cat's Cradle: Chapel Hill, NC; we have confirmation this show did occur and will list it in the CC when we have a date [thanks to Dangerboy for the sleuthing]
Friday, December 8:
Concert Chronology updates continue ... next, 1992 and 1993.
- 2/12/92 Melkweg: Amsterdam: identified improv as Fugazi lyrics [thanks to jeremy]
- 2/15/92 Revolver: Madrid: added partial setlist, corrected attendance [thanks to Jorge]
- 2/23/92 Cathouse: Glasgow: corrected venue name [thanks to Dave Kerr]
- 3/12/92 Batschkaap: Frankfurt: identified improv leading to SOL&T as a Cat Stevens song [thanks to Carl]
- 4/4/92 Concert Hall: Toronto: added NOTES! [thanks to Mahlon :)]
- 4/7/92 Axis Club: Boston: removed this date; they played the Axis Club on the 8th only [thanks to Scott Browne and GrooveBost]
- 06/08/92 - Pinkpop Festival: Landgraaf, Netherlands: corrected location [thanks to Yuri Beckers]
- 6/13/92 Go Bang Festival: Berlin: added notes, attendance, other acts on bill [thanks to alex]
- 6/14/92 Go Bang Festival: Bremen: added info [thanks to alex]
- 6/27/92 Ruisrock Festival: Turku, Finland: corrected festival name and location for this canceled show [thanks to Juha Lähteenmäki]
- 7/25/92 Fiddler's Green: Denver: added partial setlist and notes [thanks to Bill Graham]
- 7/29/92 Blossom Music Center: Cleveland: added notes [thanks to Brad Belden]
- 8/4/92 Saratoga Performing Arts Center: Saratoga: added notes; setlist we originally had on 5h is incorrect ... looking for accurate setlist [thanks to Rob McKenna]
- 8/14/92 Lake Fairfax Park: Reston, VA: added notes (including that we are told that Matt Cameron added his drumming expertise to this show's 'Hungerstrike') [thanks to Dylan McInturff]
- 8/15/92 Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center: Scranton, PA: location corrected from Lake Compounce: Bristol, CT; added notes [thanks to Steve McCloskey and Fred Alcaro]
- 6/30/93 Jäähalli: Helsinki: corrected venue name; added attendance [thanks to Juha Lähteenmäki]
- 7/2/93 Stadio Bentegodi: Verona: corrected setlist [thanks to Innocent Bystander]
- 8/11/93 Max Bell Arena: Calgary: corrected this date from 8/13/93; added attendance and notes [thanks to Melissa Cobb]
- 11/11/93 Univ. of N. TX Coliseum, Super Pit: Denton: added notes [thanks to JR]
- 11/26/93 Balch Fieldhouse: Univ. of CO, Boulder: identified 'Indifference' in the setlist; added notes [thanks to Matthew Nelson]
And with every set of revisions, come more revisions. Here are some more things to ponder for 1991.
- 10/27/91 Auditorium Theatre: Rochester: corrected venue name (mail is running 4 to 1 that this venue is the Auditorium Theatre and not the War Memorial, althought they did play at the War Memorial in '94) [thanks to Todd Stahl and Adam]
- 11/5/91 RPI Music Hall: Troy: corrected venue name (actually Houston Field House as there "is no such thing as the RPI Music Hall" [thanks to Bill Maloney]
- 11/6/91 The Haunt: Ithaca: removed Pumpkins and RHCP from the bill (this place is tiny) [thanks to JR and Chris Battaglino]
Possible shows missing from 91/92 CC:
- We have a report [from Aaron Cossel] that PJ played Satyricon in Portland a few weeks after Ten was released. He writes, "It was a pretty intense show, as a couple of drug dealers shot a guy caught in their crossfire just prior to the start, which seemed to affect Ed quite a bit."
Hopefully this will jog someone's memory and we can come up with a handbill, tape or other recollections.
- There is a mysterious handwritten setlist that seems to reference a show in Vancouver, possibly 1/11/91. This would have been a Mookie Blaylock show, opening for AIC [submitted by Andrew Brenner].
If you have any solid info, please write us.
- We have a note from Jason Peterson regarding seeing PJ at a place called "Duffy's" in Lincoln, NE sometime during 1991 (but not immediately before or after the Omaha Peony Park show).
Again, contact us if you were there and have some evidence.
- Another possible show at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill, NC; advertised in early 1992 (perhaps April). Did anyone make it to this show and know the date? [submitted by James Raiford who is kicking himself in the butt for not going]
- AND many Canadian fans are contesting that the 4/5/92 show at the Metropolis, Montreal actually occurred. We're looking for evidence.
Wednesday, December 6:
A little info is available on the U.S. official bootlegs, in News.
Tuesday, December 4:
"It's been the craziest life you've ever lived": Finally, Caryn's review from the last Seattle show is now online, with photos as well. We hope you find it worth the wait.
Sunday, December 3:
We now have a review (and photos) from Ed's appearance with the Who at the Royal Albert Hall. [Thanks to Simon and Ian!]
Also, an interesting soundbyte from Ed's most infamous quote at the first Seattle show. Enjoy!
Saturday, December 2:
We are systematically working through the numerous changes pending to various sections of the Concert Chronology. The first updates are for 1991, as detailed below.
- 2/16/91 Cattle Club: Sacramento: added notes [thanks to Lizz]
- 2/20/91 Melody Ballroom: Portland: added notes [thanks to Aaron Cossel]
- 7/21/91 Cabaret Metro: Chicago: added notes [thanks to Peter Day]
- 10/5/91 Winter's: San Diego: confirmed date; added notes [thanks to Randall Higgins]
- 10/27/91 War Memorial/Auditorium Theatre: Rochester: added info [thanks to adam]
- 11/5/91 RPI Music Hall: Troy: added added support act info [thanks to Keith Starlin]
- 11/6/91 The Haunt: Ithaca: added setlist [thanks to Matthew Merkley]
- 11/7/91 Landmark Theatre: Syracuse: added setlist [thanks to Michael Deresh]
- 12/4/91 Memorial Hall: Kansas City: identified venue [thanks to Bill Graham]
- 12/10/91 City Coliseum: Austin: corrected venue; added notes [thanks to Jeff Copas]
- 12/27/91 Sports Arena: Los Angeles: added setlist and notes [thanks to Wayne Gucker]
Friday, December 1:
TGIF! Online today: a new review by Caryn from the first Seattle show (including photos).
Copyright © 2004 Five Horizons